My tips on making a healthy, fitness transformation:
- Set goals… both small (ie. drink a gallon of water everyday), medium (ie. lose a pound a week) and major ones (compete in a bikini competition).
- Get rid of the junk food! Make your own meals from wholesome lean proteins, veggies, fruits and healthy fats. No soda, cookies, chips, crackers, candy, white breads and pastas, fruit juice, sugary cereal, fast food or packaged, processed crap.
- While you’re at it.. cut out the alcohol. It shuts down your metabolism, promotes fat storage and breaks down muscle tissue. (lovely eh?)
- Plan ahead… prepare your meals and workouts in advance, always keep workout clothes, a water bottle and protein powder with a shaker cup in your car so you never have an excuse not to hit the gym. “If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail”.
- Stay positive… setbacks will happen, don’t let your mistakes define you! You’re only a failure if you quit.
- Rid yourself of negativity (including the people who try to belittle your healthy dreams and goals).
- Track your progress… take before pictures and weekly progress pictures. Also, keep a journal of everything you eat and of all your workouts (including how many reps, sets and weight for each workout).
- Be patient… losing weight and getting fit takes time!
- Make a motivational posterboard of quotes, pictures, anything that will remind you of your goals and keep it where you can see it!
- Ask questions.. don’t be afraid of looking dumb! I asked millions of them when I first started (and still do sometimes!) In fact, the first person I ever asked was an NPC Fitness Competitor!!! And guess what? She answered every single one of my questions, and we have continued to stay in touch!
- Believe in yourself, believe you can do it. “The best way to predict your future, is to create it”.
A couple of benefits:
- The weight will stay off. Your body has the time to adjust to your new lifestyle. When you lose weight the unhealthy way, it won’t stay off very long. Losing weight the healthy way is more permanent!
- If you lose weight the healthy way you have no chance to suffer from vitamins deficiencies or other deficiencies, being exhausted and/or other complaints, dehydration, etc.
- It doesn’t weaken your immune system.
- When you eat healthy and versatile, your metabolism won’t slow down. That way you keep burning calories.
Lunch : Whole-wheat tortilla, salad, tomato, cucumber, shrimp, cheese
Dinner : Bagel, philadelphia cheese, salad, ham turkey
Déjeuner : Tortilla de blé complet, salade, tomate, concombres, crevettes et fromage
Diner : Bagel, philadelphia, salade et jambon de dinde